List:       open1x-xsupplicant
Subject:    Re: [Open1x-xsupplicant] Open1x and windows 'rapair'
From:       Chris Hessing <chris () open1x ! org>
Date:       2008-01-22 19:22:51

In the 2.0.1 release there is a fix for the error messages coming up.
(That release will probably happen soon.  It has other bug fixes as well.)

There are plans to see what we can do to play nicer with the repair
command.  Some of it may depend on if we can get the needed information
out of windows or not.  I have opened bug 1877570 to track this.

As for different drivers connecting, when you do a repair in Windows, it
sends a "card removed" event followed by a "card inserted" event.   Once
the card has been "inserted" we have to issue a new scan in order to
know what SSIDs are out there, and to determine how best to connect to
them.  According to the documentation at MSDN, this takes 7 seconds to
complete.  As a result, we can't be sure about a connection until 7
seconds have elapsed.  That said, we can probably spin up a timer to
keep the scan cache data around in this situation.  (i.e.  If the
interface is removed and reinserted within some amount of time, we
assume that the scan data should still be valid.)  We will have to look
at that when we address 1877570.