List:       open1x-xsupplicant
Subject:    Re: [Open1x-xsupplicant] Plugin handler code
From:       Terry Simons <galimore () mac ! com>
Date:       2007-09-28 5:06:22

Hi Renato,

In answer to the specific questions you asked:

The plugin code is brand new... and the files are no longer empty as
of last night. ;)

There are a lot of compiler warnings on the *NIX platforms that need
to be cleaned up.  XSupplicant used to be fairly warning-free, but the
changes in the last year have occurred mostly on the Windows platform,
and the Visual Studio compiler doesn't complain the same as GCC
(though the Windows code still has a few things that need to be
cleaned up as well).

I'm not quite done with the plugin code, but I wanted to at least get
it committed, so I'm sure there are a few issues. ;)

The merge back to HEAD was so we can start doing new development.  The
XSUP_1_3_BRANCH is going to slow down, so if you're interested in new
development or if you want to submit patches they should go against
HEAD.

The relative path thing is something we've been talking about fixing.
Our opinion aligns with yours in that we would prefer to #include
"foo.h" rather than relative paths... so patches for that sort of
thing are definitely welcome.  We've been meaning to go through and
clean up the tree.  The merge back to HEAD will help facilitate this.

I do like your idea about making things more generic... I honestly had
a hard time deciding what to name those files.  Too close to the
action, I guess. ;)

The cardif directory used to be called "os_specific" or some such.  It
got moved to "cardif" but that may not have been such a good idea.

Thanks for the patch.  I'm going to hold off committing it for now
because I'm too tired to think and it appears that your code was
patched before I submitted my latest changes. ;)  I'll try to look at
it this weekend at the latest.

Thanks for the suggestions... keep them coming! ;)

- Terry