List:       ooh323c-devel
Subject:    [ooh323c-devel] (no subject)
From:       xx xx <mortex () abv ! bg>
Date:       2006-06-06 8:38:45

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. Please see my comments:
> Does your question is ooh323c should check Progress-Indicator? or >Did you mean \
> ooh323c to generate ALERTING message with Q.931 Progress >Indicator Element?
I mean, ooh3232 to send Alerting message with Q.931 Progress Indicator Element (PI = \
3 or PI=8) and opens the RTP channel before sending CONNECT message, i.e to \
cut-throuh the voice path on both directions and proxy the in-band announcemnts from \
PSTN side.
> I guess, ALERTING means ringtone stage, There is no fake ringtone/Alerting. >Or you \
> can says fake, if other end phone ringer is not working ;)
Yes, good joke :) What I say is that when I call to PSTN (H323 GW -> ASTERISK+SANGOMA \
-> PSTN) my GW plays ringback tone immediately but after 10 sec. the PSTN side rings. \
This is because the H323 GW doesn't receive the PI indicator in the Q.931 ALERTING \
message and thinks it should generate local ring-back tone but not to wait to receive \
it from the PSTN side as it should be. In order to solve this, i think, ooh323 should \
send PI=8 and cut-through the audio path until the call is connected.
> Here: >GnuGK <------- [ ooh323c - asterisk core - SANGOMA FXO(PSTN interface)] \
> ><---- PSTN > >So in Asterisk internal dealing (PSTN to H.323 conversion): >Sangoma \
> > indicates to Asterisk Core (ringing). >Asterisk Core generates ALERTING event for \
> > ooh323c, ooh323c sents ALERTING >to GnuGK. Do you want PI bit here?
No, I talk about the situation when the call from VoiP side is terminated on PSTN \
network. Please see the above explanation.
> If you want to do more than fast start by saying early media. Than you have >to \
> play with non-established channels. >
With "early media" I mean completion of the bearer transmission path of a voice call \
before the call is answered (connected).  Waiting for youe comments.
mortex