List:       ooh323c-devel
Subject:    Re: [ooh323c-devel] Connection reset by peer
From:       Ben Greear <greearb () candelatech ! com>
Date:       2005-10-07 7:10:37

Sravanthi.K.V. wrote:
> "Connection reset by peer" error is thrown when i try
> to do "select" call. That cud be becuase my FD_SET was
> not true. and so FD_ISSET has value 0 in it. C
> Is FD_SET configured to read file descriptors of only
> /dev/(device)? if i dont do any device opeing in my
> oortp.c, does that affect my fd_set readfds
> descriptors.
> if so, how can i change or use readfds to set
> themselves even when a normal file descriptor (not
> device fd) is opened?
> and why do we need ooSleep(2) or some value while
> transmitting or receing? if the deocder is faster than
> the network and i try to read packets at slower rate,
> i face fatal prob. What can be done for this? Assuming
> i cannot modify my deocder code as it is a library,
> how can i vary the oortp.c code to move packets out
> without any delay?

The sleeps are not necessary on receive.  On send, you probably
want a 20ms sleep between each pkt if you are doing 50 frames
per second RTP.

You should read about UNIX networking, including the select, socket, read, write,
and sendto man pages to understand how select and other networking API
works.

--Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>