List:       omniorb-list
Subject:    [omniORB] CosNaming.idl
From:       "Olaf Meding" <olaf () tomotherapy ! com>
Date:       2002-01-31 21:15:59

One of our ORB vendors (Vertel eORB) claims that we need to IDL compile the
CosNaming.idl file of whatever naming service we use (OpenORB in our case).
I do not understand why I would or should have to do this.  Aren't the
naming service functions specified by the CORBA standard?  I do not compile
said  file with omniORB, yet have no problem connecting to the OpenORB
naming service.

Even if I did have to compile a CosNaming.idl file, shouldn't that file be
supplied by OMG rather then by each ORB (naming service) vendor?

Thanks much in advance for clarifying.

Olaf