List:       omd-users
Subject:    [omd-users] writing a time series check
From:       james.todd () jivesoftware ! com (James Todd)
Date:       2011-06-07 14:37:54

thx markus.

this route does provide maximum flexibility.

very much appreciated,

- james

On Jun 7, 2011, at 1:15 AM, Markus Joosten wrote:

James,

why not try a completely different approach?
Instead of parsing rrd-files, I'd suggest designing your plugin so that it writes the \
last captured value to a file and, during the next run, compares the historical value \
to the recent measured one. I'd recommend to use a csv format for that, where you \
might also include a timestamp (or check the file's last modified time) to ensure the \
freshness of the historical data.

Hope that helps a bit!

Regards,
Markus

Am 07.06.2011 um 09:51 schrieb "James Todd" <james.todd at \