List:       olpc-sugar
Subject:    Re: [Sugar-devel] How to change onscreen keyboard layout.
From:       Basanta Shrestha <basanta.shrestha () olenepal ! org>
Date:       2014-04-30 5:49:28

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM, Martin Abente
<martin.abente.lahaye@gmail.com> wrote:
> As James mentioned, the first option is to provide a ne.xml layout file in
> /usr/share/maliit/plugins/languages/ (ie., you could use es_us.xml as model,
> or copy it entirely).
>
> The second option, IIRC, is to force maliit to always use a specific layout
> (from the ones that are available) with a configuration file [1,2]. Let me
> know if you try this option, so we can update [3], as I lost the fpasted
> example (my bad).
>
> Refs:
> 1. http://dev.laptop.org/attachment/ticket/12166/server.conf
> 2. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44898616&postcount=33
> 3. http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/12750

HI Martin,
Using option 1, I could choose which layout to use. I am using
server.conf instead to use "en_us".xml now.

This is how my server.conf look like now.

[maliit]
onscreen\active=libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:en_us
pluginsettings\libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so\current_style=olpc-xo
onscreen\enabled=libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so:en_us

Thank you

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 7:34 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard@sugarlabs.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > A fix for the arabic keyboard problem is in the rpm
> >
> > http://harvest.one-education.org/public/au1b-updates/RPMS/maliit-plugins-0.94.2-2.olpcau.fc18.armv7hl.rpm
> >  Accidentally was not included in the last 0.100 images, if you have the
> > problem try installing it.
> >
> > Gonzalo
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 5:56 AM, James Cameron <quozl@laptop.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Arabic onscreen keyboard despite language selected ... this is a known
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > Is there an ne_np.xml or ne.xml language file in
> > > /usr/share/maliit/plugins/languages/ directory?
> > >
> > > If not, you have reproduced http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/12750 and you
> > > will have to add a file to maliit-plugins upstream, or in your build.
> > >
> > > @tch, where's that paste?
> > >
> > > --
> > > James Cameron
> > > http://quozl.linux.org.au/
> >

> > --
> > Gonzalo Odiard
> >
> > SugarLabs - Software for children learning

Basanta Shrestha
Network Engineer
Open Learning Exchange (OLE) Nepal
Tel: +977.1.5544441, 5520075 Ext. 303