List:       olpc-localization
Subject:    [Localization] Decomposed Unicode characters in translation (was:
From:       Clytie Siddall <clytie () riverland ! net ! au>
Date:       2010-03-31 11:58:45

On 30/03/2010, at 2:13 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

> At Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:42:57 +1030,
> Clytie Siddall wrote:
> >

> > Thanks, Yoshi. And all my Vietnamese input is composed Unicode (a single \
> > character), not decomposed Unicode (base character plus diacritic). If you \
> > encounter any decomposed Unicode in the Vietnamese files, please tell me!
>
> There are a few, as I wrote:
>
> --------------
> In the translation for:
> msgid "if set, viewers will display the 'connection' vocabulary even for Morphs \
> that aren't connected to by Connectors." u0323 (dot below) is attached to "u with \
>                 horn".
> --------------
> for:
> msgid "apply a graph-paper-like texture background to the desktop."
> there are two occurences of u0301 (acute accent) is attached to "a with \
>                 circumflex".
> --------------
> for:
> msgid "Displays a summary of all the pre-defined commands and properties in the \
> pre-defined EToy vocabulary." u0323 (dot below) is attached to "u with horn".
> yes, these have pre-composed glyphs so should just be replaced.

Fixed in my local copy, thanks. I'll merge it with the current POT as soon as I have \
access to it, then upload the updated file to Pootle.

I think these errors might be due to translation memory composed back when OSX was \
first released, with a decomposed Unicode Vietnamese keyboard. I'll have to find a \
way to detect decomposed characters in my TM.

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team