List:       olpc-localization
Subject:    [Localization] Fwd: Language Learning Courseware
From:       Seth Woodworth <seth () isforinsects ! com>
Date:       2009-05-05 1:01:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Neal Scogin <neal.scogin@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Subject: [support-gang] Language Learning Courseware
To: Laptop Support <support-gang@laptop.org>

I am developing courseware (a complete methodology) that utilizes Sugar
(primarily the collaboration - mesh networking features) to learn
languages.  I have recently found someone to help me with Arabic and so now
I am working on Arabic-English and Spanish-English.  I am interested in
using the International Phonetic Alphabet for some of the work.

I would like to have some software that can evaluate spoken language to
check for pronunciation.  When I purchased some Spanish learning software
years ago that was one of the features.  Obviously, I am looking for open
source software.

In addition, any advice on software tools for the courseware will be
appreciated.

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

class="gmail_sendername">Neal Scogin</b> <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \

Date: Mon, May 4, 2009 at 3:36 PM<br>Subject: [support-gang] Language Learning \
Courseware<br>To: Laptop Support &lt;<a \
border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td style="font-family: \
inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-size: \
inherit; line-height: inherit; font-size-adjust: inherit; font-stretch: inherit;" \
valign="top">I am developing courseware (a complete methodology) that utilizes Sugar \
(primarily the collaboration - mesh networking features) to learn languages.  I have \
recently found someone to help me with Arabic and so now I am working on \
Arabic-English and Spanish-English.  I am interested in using the International \
Phonetic Alphabet for some of the work.<br> <br>I would like to have some software \
that can evaluate spoken language to check for pronunciation.  When I purchased some \
Spanish learning software years ago that was one of the features.  Obviously, I am \
looking for open source software.<br> <br>In addition, any advice on software tools \
for the courseware will be \
 support-gang mailing list<br>