List:       olpc-linux-mm-cc
Subject:    Re: [linux-mm-cc] init script?
From:       "John McCabe-Dansted" <gmatht () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-22 0:45:33

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 5:28 AM,  <tibor.bamhor@netkosice.sk> wrote:
> Hi,
> do you have any idea what should be standard way to launch the compcache at
> computer boot?
> Perhaps best design would be standard init script. Did you considered this
> method?
> It would not be too dificult to rework your two scripts into one init script
> with start and stop arguments. Im willing to work on this, though I'm not any

Here is the init script I used when patching the Ubuntu LiveCD (Attached).

You'll have copy this script into /etc/init.d/ and type
  ln -s /etc/init.d/ubiquity_compcache /etc/rc2.d/S15compcache
on the command line.

You may have to replace the 2 in the command above with you default
runlevel if it is not 2. You can tell your current runlevel with the
run runlevel command. If this doesn't output something like
  N 2
then your distro uses a different runlevel than Ubuntu.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student

["ubiquity_compcache" (application/octet-stream)]