List:       olpc-devel
Subject:    Re: Create a new directory in /var/log/
From:       James Cameron <quozl () laptop ! org>
Date:       2010-10-18 22:27:10

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Daniel Castelo wrote:
> We want to register some events in /var/log/new_dir, if I create the
> directory "new_dir" manually and then I restart the machine the directory is
> deleted.

In addition to /etc/init.d/foo as Martin suggests, /etc/rc.local might
also be used, or test for and create the directory before logging these
events you describe.

But it remains on a tmpfs, so it will not be preserved.  If you want
preserved data, don't use /var/log.

See /proc/mounts for other tmpfs to avoid.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/