List:       olpc-accessibility
Subject:    [laptop-accessibility] Braille on Keyboards / Sign Launguage Fonts?
From:       Chief Mike Kouklis <chief_mike_k () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-11-07 11:52:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,
Sorry if I'm late to discover this mailing list, I'm currently working/proposing to \
start a Pilot project (20 XO-1 B2?)'s here in the central Philippines possibly at the \
Aklan Special Education Center/Kalibo Elementary School II see

 http:\\wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Philippines_Unang_Liwanag
or Google "OLPC Philippines"

and will discuss this soon with one of their teachers for the blind on how they teach \
braille and also sign language/Picture speak etc... at this school. Please comment on \
the wiki talk page

 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Talk:Braille

this was a proposal on teaching young children how to type/"search the internet" not \
                how to read braille or punch dots on paper that  I made back on the \
                first of June :)
PS: Silicone rubber cell phone keypad replacements made in Taiwan are sold here in \
the Philippines for well under $1US

chief_mike_k AT yahoo DOT com or http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Chief_Mike "AND I'M \
NOT AFRAID OF SPAM"