List:       ojb-user
Subject:    OJB dependencies
From:       "Mike Perham" <mperham+apache () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-24 16:02:19

Hi, we are considering using OJB 1.0.4 for our product.  We have a
pretty tight OSS usage process so I need to know exactly which
dependencies are required for our usage of OJB.  The best guide I
could find was this:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/deployment.html#3.+External+dependencies+that+do+not+come+with+OJB

but it does not cover a lot of the deps and how they are used.

If I cut out the jars that either we can already use, are provided by
the container or are obviously not required at runtime (e.g. ant*),
I'm left with this list:

commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
commons-betwixt-0.8-dev.jar
commons-digester-1.7.jar
commons-pool-1.2.jar
commons-transaction-1.1.jar
jakarta-regexp-1.3.jar
jcs.jar
prevayler.jar
village-2.0.jar

Can someone give me details as to how these are used?  Are they
required or optional?  If they are optional, what functionality
requires them?

Regarding caching, we do not want to use JCS because they do not use a
proper release process.  Does OJB's caching work well in a single
server?  If we need to support clustering, is OSCache the recommended
option?

mike