List:       ojb-user
Subject:    Re: Order By not working!
From:       Danilo Tommasina <dtommasina () risksys ! com>
Date:       2006-03-30 6:59:52

Hi,

Activate p6spy and let the generated SQL statement be logged, then take the statement \
and execute it in a database SQL client. If the sorting does not work there then it \
is the database having trouble sorting a CHAR column, otherwise it is OJB.

why do you use:
  criteria.addLike( "UPPER(ACRONYM)", entityAcronym.trim().toUpperCase() );
instead of:
  criteria.addLike( "UPPER(entityAcronym)", entityAcronym.trim().toUpperCase() );

The above statement will probably work only because OJB is unable to find the \
internal name 'ACRONYM' and will simply write it as it is in the SQL statement.  This \
way there is a double self correcting error, it will work, but maybe there are \
collateral effects.

bye
danilo