List:       ojb-user
Subject:    Re: Mapping Classes on Multiple Joined Tables
From:       Armin Waibel <arminw () apache ! org>
Date:       2005-04-21 17:16:18

Jakob Braeuchi wrote:

>> The issue is noted in the release-notes:
>>
>> <snip>
>> - When a class mapped on multiple joined tables was used in a
>> reference only objects
>>   of the base type class will be instantiated, e.g. a Company class has
>>   a 1:n reference 'employees' to a base class Employee and class
>> Manager extends Employee,
>>   then 'employees' only contains objects of type Employee even if the
>> real type was Manager.
>>   See in OJB test suite
>> ...broker.InheritanceMultipleTableTest#testInheritancedObjectsInCollectionReferences
>>
>>   Same problem occur when query the base class, then OJB only returns
>> objects of base type instead
>>   the real type.
>> </snip>
>>
>> But I admit my English is abstruse ;-)
>

> you're right, i do not understand it :(

That's why I wrote the test case. Maybe you can rephrase this section in
release-notes, or much better finding a solution for the problem ;-)
I will check in my changes (first alpha version) for this kind of
inheritance today plus some new tests. But it will not solve the problem
described above.

regards,
Armin