List:       ojb-user
Subject:    Odd behavior
From:       "Mike Jackson" <mjackson () cdi-hq ! com>
Date:       2004-05-28 18:27:11

I'm getting a strange behavior with OJB.  I'm running RC5 and I have a table
with an artificial primary key (OJB handles the generation of the key and
uses a SequenceManagerNextValImpl to do so).  I'm doing something like this:

	User user = new User();
	user.setUserId( new Integer( 0 ) );
	QueryByCriteria query = new QueryByCriteria( user );
	user = ( User ) broker.getObjectByQuery(query);

Where "User" is the object which maps to the user table configured in OJB.
I don't get any errors or anything and the object comes back fully
populated.  But the user id changes.  Generally on the first run I get back
user id = 0.  On the second run it's user id = 1, then 2, then 3, etc.  For
the life of me I can't figure out what's going on.  I had thought that
perhaps it was picking up the next value from the sequence, but when I
restart the application it resets back to 0 and then increments from there.
I'm going to try updating to RC6, but does anyone have any ideas otherwise?

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com