List:       ojb-dev
Subject:    Oracle and BlobTest
From:       Martin_Kalén <mkalen () apache ! org>
Date:       2005-02-23 21:20:21

Greetings,

  Torque issues similar to those for OptimistickLockingTest are causing
BlobTest to fail on Oracle.

When running Torque autogeneration of DDL from our XML descriptor, the
BLOB_TEST table will look like this:
CREATE TABLE BLOB_TEST
(
     ID NUMBER NOT NULL,
     BLOB_VALUE_ LONG RAW,
     CLOB_VALUE_ VARCHAR2 (2000)
);

Which is not so good since LONG RAW != BLOB and VARCHAR2(2000) is
definately != CLOB. This results in failure of both test-methods in
BlobTest.

After running the following SQL:
"
ALTER TABLE BLOB_TEST
     DROP CONSTRAINT BLOB_TEST_PK;

alter table BLOB_TEST modify (BLOB_VALUE_ BLOB);

alter table BLOB_TEST drop (CLOB_VALUE_);
alter table BLOB_TEST add (CLOB_VALUE_ CLOB);

ALTER TABLE BLOB_TEST
     ADD CONSTRAINT BLOB_TEST_PK
PRIMARY KEY (ID);
"

The test works perfectly...

I will add a Torque-TODO and "skip known issue" to the testcase to let
it pass on Oracle. Hm... "pass" is a strong word when it's in fact not
run at all. ;)

Cheers,
  Martin