List:       ojb-dev
Subject:    Re: Dirty Update
From:       Brian McCallister <mccallister () forthillcompany ! com>
Date:       2004-08-24 12:36:06

On Aug 24, 2004, at 8:08 AM, Armin Waibel wrote:

> method to update only specified fields of an object (think you
> suggested such a method some time ago - right?).

Awesome! I didn't think this was going to make it into 1.1 so I pulled
pulled field-level dirty detection out of the dirty stuff. Will have to
put that back in. Jakob was pushing for this, iirc. Detecting dirty
fields on a field-by-field basis shouldn't be a problem.

> Hope I can incorporate into grafolia stuff (and JDO 2) after current
> work (+ some more fixing for 1.1).

The code is still pretty fluid. As it has not yet been formally
released I am taking lots of liberties changing things. Will greatly
appreciate you looking at it if when you get a chance.

> Beside the unit-tests I recommend to do some simple performance tests
> detect performance bottleneck as soon as possible (or/and add
> OJBPerfTest support).

Will do. Intend to put that YourKit license to good use =)

-Brian