List:       oisf-users
Subject:    Re: [Oisf-users] Add HTTP Payload to eve-log
From:       Felix_Müller <ffomueller () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-01-06 0:28:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Konstantin,

thanks for your answer.

I am running Suricata 4.1.2 installed from the Debian Repo.

I think this is the relevant part of my suricata,yaml:

   - eve-log:
       enabled: yes
       filetype: regular
       filename: eve.json

       types:
         - alert:
             payload: yes
             payload-buffer-size: 4kb
             payload-printable: yes
             packet: no
             http-body: yes
             http-body-printable: yes
             metadata: yes
             tagged-packets: yes
         - http:
             extended: yes
*            metadata: yes **
**            http-body: yes **
**            http-body-printable: yes*

I tried it after adding your provided config snippet, but there is no
payload included in the http events. This config seems to work only in
the "alert" section.

I tried also with this config version of "http", even if
http_reques_body and http_response_body are not listed for the "custom"
config ->
https://suricata.readthedocs.io/en/suricata-5.0.0/output/eve/eve-json-output.html#http

         - http:
             extended: yes     # enable this for extended logging
information
             # custom allows additional http fields to be included in
eve-log
             # the example below adds three additional fields when
uncommented
             custom: [http_request_body, http_response_body]
             payload: yes
             payload-buffer-size: 4kb
             payload-printable: yes
             metadata: yes