List:       ogg-dev
Subject:    Re: [ogg-dev] can you suggest on extending ogg asshort-clipcontainer and the make of its tool?
From:       胡夫 <khufu () 139 ! com>
Date:       2013-03-07 10:38:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org> wrote:
> I agree with you that it is practical to archive many sound effect

> files into an indexable container, and

> I've also heard that this is common in the game industry.

I guess Ben is right that if you only look at opensource computer games, they are \
using each file for a single sound effect. I guess the reason is, well, consider the \
size of opensource game sector, first, opensource games are probably not part of the \
game industry, and the sound effect they use is so few compare to commercial game \
products, so their storage problem is also a small one that are usually ignored.