List:       ogg-dev
Subject:    [ogg-dev] streaming versus editing
From:       jkintree () swbell ! net (John Kintree)
Date:       2004-12-01 14:29:48

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:25:43 -0800, Ralph Giles <giles@xiph.org> wrote:
> I think it would be better to say which formats are technically
> superiour for streaming (ogg and mpeg program streams) or
> editing (quicktime/matroska) or dead/obsolete (AVI, MCF?),

If video is recorded and saved in ogg/theora container/format, could it be
converted into matroska/theora container/format without loss of quality for
the purpose of editing, and then converted back into ogg/theora
container/format without loss of quality for streaming?  Would the advantage
that the matroska container has in editing make it worth the effort to do the
confersion?
John