List:       odtug-sqlplus-l
Subject:    Which Oracle client is in use?
From:       "McDonald, Eric" <Eric.McDonald () bailliegifford ! com>
Date:       2012-09-28 15:33:19

If I have multiple Oracle clients installed on my PC (Windows 7), how can I tell \
which one is being used by an application? Can I tell from the database side? Can I \
run client software to check this?

The registry will tell me the default and the PATH will tell me where Oracle is \
looking for the software but neither is a guarantee that the default will be used.

Eric

This message is issued by a member of the Baillie Gifford & Co group of companies. \
Baillie Gifford & Co, Calton Square, 1 Greenside Row, Edinburgh, EH1 3AN, Scotland \
are investment managers authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. \
Baillie Gifford & Co has a number of subsidiary undertakings incorporated under the \
UK Companies Acts: Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited, Registered Number SC084807; \
Baillie Gifford & Co Limited, Registered Number SC069524; Baillie Gifford Life \
Limited, Registered Number SC182496; Baillie Gifford Savings Management Limited, \
Registered Number SC135636, all registered in Scotland and having their registered \
office at the above Calton Square address. Further details of these, and our non-UK \
subsidiaries, Baillie Gifford International LLC and Baillie Gifford Investment \
Consulting (Shanghai) Co., Ltd, are provided at http://www.bailliegifford.com. \
Baillie Gifford & Co may monitor outgoing and incoming emails and email attachments \
including their content. Please read important legal and regulatory notifications at \
http://www.bailliegifford.com/emaildisclaim.html.This email and any files transmitted \
with it are strictly confidential. It is intended solely for the intended recipient. \
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, disclose or take or omit to \
take any action in reliance on it. All liability for any loss or damage caused by any \
virus transmitted with this email is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.