List:       odtug-sqlplus-l
Subject:    RE: PL/SQL SOAP call-outs
From:       "John Hopkins" <HHOPKINS () mail ! mcg ! edu>
Date:       2008-02-27 19:55:28

I implemented the code (with some very minor tweaks) from the site Jeff mentioned.  \
Worked like a charm.

Thanks for that, and for confirming that UTL_DBWS isn't quite soup yet.
-John

> > > "John Flack" <JohnF@smdi.com> 2/27/2008 11:40 AM >>>
It is also supposed to be possible to write a web service client in
Java, and put the Java into the database as a Java Stored Procedure.
But all the libraries that your procedure calls have to be in the
database too.  The SOAP libraries AREN'T among the ones that Oracle
loads by default when you install the JVM - at least they aren't in 9i
or 10gR1.  There are instructions for loading them, but I never got it
to work.  My PL/SQL clients to REST web services use UTL_HTTP and work
great.

________________________________

Sten Vesterli
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:41 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ODTUG-SQLPLUS-L

I concur with Jeff - use an UTL_HTTP solution if possible.

I tried to follow the instructions for using UTL_DBWS - it loads
thousands of classes into the database and spews errors right and left,
so I gave up on it.

Best regards

Sten Vesterli

www.vesterli.com