List:       odtug-sqlplus-l
Subject:    RE: Unix or SQL Loader: How to automated a Copy-move process
From:       Elango Velayutham <TS3098 () emirates ! com>
Date:       2004-05-05 3:24:08

Hi,

How about using an oracle procedure run thro' dbms_job. You can always treat
these files as external tables load them and then call a pl/sql wrapper
procedure (for a java or C program that resides and runs in the database
itself) that copies to the desired folder.
Check asktom.oracle.com for a java based solution that lets you run OS
commands inside the database itself. This way you will be having total
control of your programs inside the database itself.

HTH
Elango