List:       odtug-java-l
Subject:    Re: OT:  Do earbuds hurt or help productivity?
From:       "plsql4ums" <plsql4ums () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2010-01-30 17:01:35

Mark, I am glad you brought this up...I couldn't agree with you more!

I sometimes think the ultimate madness behind this design was simply for
'cost-savings'...bottom dollar...cubicles are cheaper and use a whole lot
less office space. Many of my colleagues feel strongly about 'shared
cubicles' being one of the main interuptors of their productivity (which
leads to the whole 'earbud' thing).

Also, it definately raises problems with respect to privacy. I now have to
leave the office (and find a private corridor somewhere in the building)
when I want to speak to my financial advisor(s) or doctors for fear that
someone will overhear me in the open office.