List:       odtug-java-l
Subject:    Oracle reports and ProxyPass
From:       "Mirek Piaseczny" <mirek () hivnet ! ubc ! ca>
Date:       2003-01-20 22:53:43

I wonder if anyone could help with this:

I have two servers, serverA (behind firewall) and serverB (outside
firewall). There is an ias (incl. reports server) running on serverA, and a
separate apache server running on serverB to be used as proxy.
I want all the report queries to be directed to serverB. eg
http://serverB/dev60html/runrep.htm. This will transfer queries to ias and
reports server running on serverA.

ServerB is configured with the following lines:
ProxyPass /dev60html http://serverA/dev60html
ProxyPass /dev60cgi http://serverA/dev60cgi
the above is supposed to redirect queries to serverA, execute reports on
serverA and return output to the requesting browsers as if everything worked
on serverB.

All this seems to work except for the fact that when generating reports in
html format with PAGESTREAM parameter set to YES the  report server is
producing code in the pages hard linking to serverA.

eg, when you call
http://serverA/dev60cgi/rwcgi60?server=RepSrv&report=test.rdf&userid=scott/t
iger@ora&destype=cache&desformat=HTML&PAGESTREAM=YES (standard demo page),
you get page with the following code:

<head>
<base href="http://serverA/dev60cgi/rwcgi60/getfile/RepSrv/2/19009193.htm">
</head>
<!-- Created by Oracle Reports 14:05 Mon Jan 20 02:05:16 PM, 2003 -->
<frame name="BaseFrame">
<frameset rows="*,70" border="1" framespacing="0">
<frame name="51178748_1.htm" src="51178748_1.htm">
<frame name="51178748j.htm" src="51178748j.htm" scrolling="no">
</frameset>

since serverA is placed behind firewall, internet users will see 'The page
cannot be displayed' message.
My question is:  what parameter or environment variable (if any) controls
the above '<base href=...' line of the report?

When I called oracle support, they simply answered that running reports via
ProxyPass is not supported.

thanks,
Mirek

--
Join us at Loews Miami Beach, Florida on June 22-27, 2003 for our best
ODTUG Conference yet!  Details and registration at:  http://www.odtug.com
Author: Mirek Piaseczny
  INET: mirek@hivnet.ubc.ca