List:       oaug
Subject:    OAUGNet Digest #361
From:       "OAUGNet ListServ" <OAUGNet () oaug ! com>
Date:       2004-01-05 9:59:12

        OAUGNet ListServ Digest #361

 1) Re: Implementing Letter of Credit functionality by Gregg Harvey <gregglharvey@yahoo.com>
 2) Oracle iProcurement Interconnect for SAP R/3 by "Greg Birkett" <gbirkett@adelphia.net>
 3) OM: Can't access Shipping Transactions Form by "Tom Hery" <tomhery@cox.net>
 4) Re: Implementing Letter of Credit functionality by "Shakil Ahmad" <furqan68@hotmail.com>
 5) AP_Payables Transfer to GL by "Rao, Naresh" <Naresh.Rao@eaglegl.com>

This digest is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list <OAUGNet@oaug.com>.
To switch to the FEED mode, E-mail to <OAUGNet-feed@oaug.com>
Send administrative queries to  <OAUGNet-request@oaug.com>

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:53:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Gregg Harvey <gregglharvey@yahoo.com>
Subject: [OAUGNet]-Re: Implementing Letter of Credit functionality

Shakil -

If your LC rqmnt is on the AP side one thing you can
do that needs a little custom is at the supplier site,
use the alternate name as the bank or actual payee
name. AP AUtoSelect needs no change but FOrmat needs a
customization to use the Alternate name instead of the
Supplier Site name as the payee.

A no-custom alternate to this would be a separate
supplier site and a business process, as follows:

Setup Required
-------------------------
- select a supplier that you want to pay by L/C
- create a new supplier site
- specifiy the supplier site name to be 'LC-XXXXXXXX'
- specify the Payment term to be 'At Sight L/C'
- specify the Pay group to be '(a unique group)'
- specify the Payment method to be 'Clearing'

Process flow
---------------------
Buyers:
When buyers create PO, they have to choose
'LC-XXXXXXXX' supplier site if they intend to make
payment by L/C. They then follow an off-system
approval process for the arrangement of L/C payment.

Treasury dept:
Once they have the L/C payment document for a PO, they
have to go to Oracle to check whether that PO's
supplier site is LC-XXXXXX and the PO status is
'Approved' or not  If Yes, then proceed with the bank.

Accounting dept:
1. When they receive invoice from the bank, create an
invoice in Oracle and then match to that PO
2. payment term and pay group will be defaulted from
the LC supplier site
3. AP will not pay the invoice with this pay group
until the L/C invoice from the bank is received.

brgds - Gregg

http://search.yahoo.com/top2003