List:       nyphp-talk
Subject:    [nyphp-talk] Is there a list of limitations of mssql_foo() or ntwdblib.dll?
From:       Justin Dearing <zippy1981 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-04 14:21:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hey,

My reasons for wanting this are literally academic. I'm writing a chapter
in a book about the new sqlsrv_* driver, so I'd like to cite a list of
concrete reasons not to use mssql_*.

I've found this list, which is for the perl wrapper to ntwdblib.dll:
http://www.sommarskog.se/mssqlperl/sphinx.html

So in terms of actual limitations:

   - You can only get error messages with , mssql_get_last_message() not
   the SQL or ODBC codes like sqlsrv_errors()
   - The mssql_ driver does not support unicode (nchar/nvarchar/ntext)
   - You can't pass input parameters to function that are CLR (.NET) data
   types

I can list those three reasons in the book, and possible cite the above
link. But can anyone provide a link to limitations of ntwdblib.dll that is
PHP centric?

Thanks,
Justin