List:       nyphp-talk
Subject:    Re: [nyphp-talk] PHP Certification
From:       Cristian Baltatescu <cbaltatescu () greenvision ! ro>
Date:       2009-03-31 10:32:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

2009/3/31 Justin Dearing <zippy1981@gmail.com>

> Hello all,
> I bought the PHP certification pack (10 practice exams and an exam
> voucher). So far I've taken two tests and done some studying. I've passed
> both, but I don't know by how many points, or how well I would do on the
> real test. On the section analysis I get 2-3 failures 2-3 excellents and the
> rest passed.
>
> Has anyone taken the practice tests and the real one? If so how do they
> compare? Should I just take the real one if I passed two practice tests?
>
> Regards,
>
> Justin Dearing

Hello
I have purchased 10 tests too, before passing the real exam.
I have found the practice tests a bit imbalanced maybe but I think the real
tests are like that too.
My biggest problem with the practice test was that some of the questions
were the same, after taking 3 of those they kinda became irrelevant because
I would chose the answer without actually thinking, so at least in terms of
answering in the given time and in terms of focusing, the practice tests did
not provide the same experience. But they helped. i only used 5 i think, of
the 10 purchased.
I ventured to taking the real test once i got no FAILED on the practice
ones, maybe a couple of passed and excellent on the rest. Same goes for a
friend of mine who followed the same pattern.
--
Numai bine,
Cristian