List:       nyphp-mysql
Subject:    RE: [mysql] Req. help for mysql_pconnect() : max_user_connections
From:       "Hans Zaunere" <lists () zaunere ! com>
Date:       2007-07-16 13:10:36

Siddharth,

> [function.mysql-pconnect]: User yourrank_grow has already more than
> 'max_user_connections' active connections in
> /home/yourrank/public_html/moneygrow/program.php on line 24 Could not
> connect" error message !

You're hitting the max allowed connections for MySQL.  There are a couple of
things you could do:

-- ask your provider to increase max_user_connections

-- there might be a configuration parameter to use non-persistent
connections

-- look through the script and decide to change mysql_pconnect() calls to
mysql_connect() calls, or add in mysql_close() to an appropriate place at
the end of the script

> I like to know that how I close open connections of "mysql_pconnect"
> function ? I search Google and most of many sites but didn't received
> any help...

With some experimenting, you could probably add mysql_close() at the end of
script execution.

---
Hans Zaunere / President / New York PHP
    www.nyphp.org  /  www.nyphp.com