List:       nyphp-joomla
Subject:    [joomla] Joomla 1.7.3 - warning about PHP temporary directory
From:       David Roth <davidalanroth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-12-26 8:44:28

I installed Joomla 1.7.3.  I noticed a warning in the Extension Manager: Warnings

The PHP temporary directory is the directory that PHP uses to store an uploaded file \
before Joomla! can access this file. Whilst the directory not being set isn't always \
a problem, if you are having issues with manifest files not being detected or \
uploaded files not being detected, setting this in your php.ini file might fix the \
issue.

This is on my in-house CentOS server, and everything is set to 755 on the path. I've \
not seen this message with  previous versions of Joomla. I Googled and see people \
have had this issue before and most reported that changing permissions didn't fix it. \

Is there a fix for this, or is this a bug that should be reported? Thanks!

David Roth