List:       nyphp-announce
Subject:    [nyphp-announce] TONIGHT@nyphp: Special Event - Zend's PHP and
From:       "New York PHP" <noreply () nyphp ! org>
Date:       2007-09-12 12:15:49

All,

We're looking to line-up our Fall presentation schedule, and we encourage
the community to present at our monthly meetings.

Submit or suggest a presentation - either for online presentation or
in-person:
http://www.nyphp.org/presentations.php

Special Event:
Zend's PHP and Framework
------------------------

 When: Wednesday, September 12th at 6:30pm
Where: Suspenders, 111 Broadway (lower level)
       http://www.suspendersbar.com/location.php
 RSVP: No RSVP Required

In this special event, we're pleased to host Mark de Visser and Matthew
Weier O'Phinney as they dive into Zend's enterprise PHP offerings and
up-and-coming framework.

NOTE: This meeting isn't a general meeting at IBM. It occurs September 12th,
at 6:30pm, in the lounge area of the Suspenders Bar and Grill. No RSVP is
required.

Building the PHP-stack for the enterprise
PHP has become ubiquitous when it comes to personal blogs, content
management systems, ecommerce sites and more. Take any list of Web 2.0 sites
and you'll find that more than 50% have PHP as back-end technology. What is
less known is that PHP is also making significant inroads in the enterprise.
In his presentation Mark de Visser will cover case studies of that trend,
and will discuss what drives the adoption and what still needs to be
accomplished. He will cover the role of Zend and other commercial vendors in
the PHP ecosystem, and will present a roadmap for the coming year of Zend's
main PHP products and services.

Zend Framework Overview
Zend Framework provides a high-quality open-source framework for developing
Web Applications and Web Services. By following the PHP spirit, the Zend
Framework delivers easy-to-use and powerful functionality, focusing on the
challenges of building robust, secure and modern Web applications. In this
overview, Matthew will detail Zend Framework goals and principles, as well
as several popular components.

As a service to our community, New York PHP meetings are always free and
open to the public.

 When: Wednesday, September 12th at 6:30pm
Where: Suspenders, 111 Broadway (lower level)
       http://www.suspendersbar.com/location.php
 RSVP: No RSVP Required

---
New York PHP Community