List:       nutch-general
Subject:    Re: [Nutch-general] online indexing?
From:       Damian Florczyk <thunder () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-07-30 7:17:46

Renaud Richardet <renaud@apache.org> wrote:

> hi Xiong,
>
> see http://osdir.com/ml/search.nutch.devel/2004-11/msg00030.html, it
> should work
>
> -- Renaud
>

> xu xiong wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to achieve online indexing?
> > When the generate/fetch/updatedb/index cycle is finished, how to make
> > the updated index be used by the web search frontend?
> > Do I have to restart the web app manually?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Xiong

I ahve done this long time ago so:
You need to enable autodebloy option in context of you application which uses indexes \
and then after generate/fetch/updatedb/index cycle you need to do touch \
$APP_CONTEXT/WEB-INF/web.xml then you application container notice that mtime of \
web.xml has changed and relaod application. That's all new indexes are online.

--
Damian Florczyk aka thunder
Gentoo Developer, Gentoo/NetBSD Development Lead