List:       nutch-general
Subject:    Re: [Nutch-general] Interrupting a nutch crawl -- or use topN?
From:       Ian Holsman <lists () holsman ! net>
Date:       2007-06-30 23:37:48

Kai_testing Middleton wrote:
> I am running a nutch crawl of 19 sites.  I wish to let this crawl go for about two \
> days then gracefully stop it (I don't expect it to complete by then).  Is there a \
> way to do this?  I want it to stop crawling then build the lucene index.  Note that \
> I used a simple nutch crawl command, rather than the "whole web" crawling \
> methodology:
> nutch crawl urls.txt -dir /usr/tmp/19sites -depth 10

I use a iterative approach using a script similar to what Sami blogs
about here:
http://blog.foofactory.fi/2007/02/online-indexing-integrating-nutch-with.html

I then issue a crawl of 10,000 URLs at a time, and just repeat the
process for as long as the window available. because I use solr to store
the crawl results
It makes the index available during the crawl window.

but I'm a relative newbie as well, so look forward what the experts say.

regards
Ian