List:       nutch-general
Subject:    [Nutch-general] Crawl performance v0.7 vs v0.8
From:       Doug Cook <nabble () candiru ! com>
Date:       2006-06-28 0:37:39

Hi, I'm experimenting with switching to v0.8 because of the richer set of
plugins, and from this point of view, it's great, but so far I have seen
much lower crawl performance, and I'm hoping it's just a matter of tuning
the right parameters.

I'm running on 1 4-CPU machine, and under 0.7 I could max out on bandwidth
at about 200 threads. Under 0.8, with the same number of threads, I am
seeing much lower, and very spiky, bandwidth usage, but I don't appear to be
bottlenecked out on any other resource.

Any suggestions as to where I might look?

Thanks,

Doug
from the Nutch - User forum at Nabble.com.