List:       ntsecurity
Subject:    =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9f._:_RE:_[NTSEC]_NT_Workstation_Users/Administ?=
From:       sever.lazarovici () ca-indosuez ! com
Date:       2000-03-24 9:33:28

Contact ntsecurity-owner@iss.net for help with any problems!

I don't think there is a good ideea to make 'Everyone' member of the local
Administrators group.
Is enough to make members of local Administrators group, only the users that are
log on that station.
So they can change the IP address.

Maybe you can look again under User Manager: 'Policies-User Rights', and try
some others
Administrators specific rights, like 'Load and unload device drivers' or 'Modify
the
environment firmware values' or others.

I hope will be useful

Sever LAZAROVICI
Network Administrator,
CA-Indosuez, France

We had similar issues here and ended up adding an 'Everyone' domain group to
the local Administrators group on the NT workstations. This gives our users
the ability to set their time, time zone, install printers, etc. (It should
also give access to TCP/IP properties)

You may have already thought of this but I thought I would pass it on.

Phil Burch
Network Administrator
Oralis.com - The online supplier to oral healthcare professionals.

We are hiring the best and brightest.  Please see our job openings at:
http://www.oralis.com/