List:       ntsecurity
Subject:    [NTSEC] Re: Sec List Posting
From:       "Hill, Steven" <HillS () keicorp ! com>
Date:       1999-07-29 12:36:19

Contact ntsecurity-owner@iss.net for help with any problems!

ActiveState Perl + the AdminMisc Module will allow easy scripting of any
info you can glean from "net user <username> /DOMAIN <domain>"  and more.

I wrote some scripting to do account info lookups and it was fairly easy.
Problems I had were NT problems.  Like the BDC's don't "trickle up" to the
PDC. (Giving a one stop shopping for user stats - instead all BDC's must
queried separately.)   "Damn the network traffic I want it easy..."

I would love to hear from some of you programmers that do Perl better and
more often than I - if  you have written any NT admin scripts...  I am
looking for cleaner code than I developed to do this task along with mass
local administrator password updates...

Steven E. Hill  --  shill@keicorp.com
http://www.keicorp.com
"I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me."