List:       ntsecurity
Subject:    [NTSEC] Transplant passwords from UNIX to NT
From:       "Gene H. Miller" <gmiller () tir ! com>
Date:       1998-01-31 14:35:11

Contact ntsecurity-owner@iss.net for help with any problems!

We have a SUN/UNIX system for student use where students have assigned user
IDs and private passwords. We also have an NT system using same user IDs
but different passwords. What is the best way to replace the current NT
passwords with the UNIX passwords? Preferably this could be automated and
done over the network, but I doubt it's possible. Is manually entering new
passwords the only way?

Thanks for the help,
Gene Miller
gmiller@tir.com