List:       ntsecurity
Subject:    RE: [NTSEC] Roaming Profiles
From:       Mark Curphey <m.curphey () rhbnc ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1997-08-30 12:38:18

Basically what is happening is that the profile can not be stored back on
the server when you logoff. Rather than destroying your changes to the
profile it caches it locally and then offers you the chance to update next
time you logon.
This obviously creates problems for backup centrally etc, but MS ..........

You can add a key to registry that will delete all cached user profiles on
a machine or use delproff.exe as a batch job overnight. You will of course
loose modifications either way and if you have mapped your home directories
to \profiles\user\personal they will loose all work saved !!!

It sounds like you have network problems by not being able to connect to
the server frequently. Perhaps looking at these might be prudent.

------

> On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Jason Jarvis wrote:
>
> > Forgive me if this isn't where this should be posted.
> >
> > Is there a registry setting that can be modified so that NT4.0 doesn't
> > ask you the following:
> >
> >       You locally stored profile is newer than your roaming profile.
Would