List:       ntp-hackers
Subject:    Re: [ntp:hackers] NTP, shared memory & PPS?
From:       Folkert van Heusden <folkert () vanheusden ! com>
Date:       2008-09-02 18:27:01

> > Is it possible for a reference clock driver that communicates via shared
> > memory with the NTP daemon to somehow send a PPS signal as well?
>
> All it is 'sending' is the timestamp for when the PPS signal occured,
> so Yes it could send the 'PPS signal' as well.
> Although its not PPS, the shared memory driver does this with WWVB
> signals.

Hmmm. My MSF driver now 'sends' once a minute the timestamp to NTP.
Normally NTP checks once every 64 seconds for a timestamp. So to process
a timestamp every second one should set the check interval each second?

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail is a versatile tool for watching logfiles and output of
commands. Filtering, coloring, merging, diff-view, etc.