List:       ntp-hackers
Subject:    Re: [ntp:hackers] Re: Peer Poll question
From:       "David L. Mills" <mills () udel ! edu>
Date:       2004-03-16 3:34:21

Harlan,

Deacon blows up with ppsapi in refclock_onclore.c, howland blows up with
no ppsapi in the same file, different error, and grundoon blows up
libntp, something about socktchost. Besides a little commentary in
ntp_refclock.c and a minor change in ntp_proto.c, there were no other
changes.

Since Solaris PPS doesn't work and the only GPS I have working in the
backroom has only Solaris machines to babble with, I can't test to see
if something broke elsewhere. The only unSolaris machine on campus near
to PPS is IPC rackety, and that takes hours to build. Life is one
pothole after another.

I'm worried about PPS on Solaris. Apparently, it stopped working on pogo
as well, after the latest Solaris upgrade. The Oncore thing is a snag,
but not a showstopper. The code is full of ancient historical PPS
amputees and really sould be weedwhacked.

Dave