List:       ntp-hackers
Subject:    Re: [ntp:hackers] Re: Linux Meltdown????
From:       reg () dwf ! com
Date:       2004-03-10 9:15:05

> Guys,
>
> If I disable HAVE_MLOCKALL on albert (a linux box of some flavor) the
> coredump goes away.
>
> Solutions to this problem include:
>
> - find the new, larger amount of memory to reserve
> - don't lock memory under linux
>
> Suggestions?

It would be interesting to know what version of Linux you have there,
you might want to do both a
	uname -a
and a
	cat /etc/issue

both will give interesting info.

---

Im not sure what MLOCKALL does, and since Im just on my way to bed, Im
not about to do a grep of the source to try to find out...
BUT, I do find it set in the config.h on my machine, so Im going to have to
assume
that it works fine with RH Linux, v 8,9, Fedora2, and the 2.4 / 2.6 linux
kernels at a minimum.

Ill put it on my list of things to look at tomorrow unless some kind sole
would like to give a quick description of what it does.  Mabe with that
I could say something more useful.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@dwf.com