List:       ntp-hackers
Subject:    Re: [ntp:hackers] UDel/UPenn time subnet
From:       "David L. Mills" <mills () udel ! edu>
Date:       2004-03-10 1:47:00

P-H,

I'll look into that. We have a flock of Linux machines in our Matlab
lab, so I asked the sysadmin how they built them from scratch. He said
the staff cloned a master disk the hard way: mounting the master and
clone on one system, partitining the clone and dump-pipe-restore. Easier
than installing from scratch, I suppose, but still a violation of the
Principle of Least Astonishment.

I expect having done this that more folks than UDel and UPenn will want
to buy into the scheme, which is one reason I'm concerned and don't want
to make more work than necessary.

Dave