List:       ntp-hackers
Subject:    Re: [ntp:hackers] Fw: ntp 4.1.72 running poorly on SunBlade 100 (Solaris 2.8 - fully-patched) Z3C77D
From:       Harlan Stenn <stenn () whimsy ! udel ! edu>
Date:       2002-03-23 20:17:05

First, I've changed the message in my new spam filter.  I apologize to
Wally and to anybody else who was offended by the tone of the previous
message.  It is doing a fine job of blocking spam...

> Will I have to install BitKeeper on the SunBlade 100 and grab the latest
> version? Or is there something I'm missing here.  Your kind words will
> be greatly appreciated.

I don't know.

I do know that we're Real Close to the next release of the ntp-dev
tree.  I believe the new ntp-genkeys program is usable (still needs a
documentation update), and Dave says the current round of certificate
code is in final testing (I've already checked it in).

I can release the next ntp-dev copy as soon as I get the go-ahead.

If Dave thinks ntp-dev is still alpha quality it will be 4.1.73.

If Dave thinks ntp-dev is beta quality, it will be 4.1.80, and we'll
begin a release-candidate countdown toward 4.2.0.