List:       ntp-hackers
Subject:    [ntp:hackers] genkeys and ntp.conf
From:       Harlan Stenn <stenn () whimsy ! udel ! edu>
Date:       2002-03-04 2:26:57

Dave,

Another (of what seems to me to be a) good reason to read either the
default ntp.conf file or one to which wew are pointed is that otherwise
we need to either:

- run genkeys from the rsakey's curdir, or
- provide another command-line option to tell us the location of the rsakey

I'm thinking about leaving the genkeys program alone for now, and simply
updating the ntp-genkeys.c file instead.  That way, we'll have the
genkeys program as a baseline and the ntp-genkeys program as the
development version.  When ntp-genkeys is ready, we simply drop the old
genkeys program.

Harlan