List:       ntp-hackers
Subject:    [ntp:hackers] IPv6 on Solaris
From:       "David L. Mills" <mills () udel ! edu>
Date:       2001-12-18 21:11:48

Brian,

I created the /etc/hostname6.hme0 and rebooted. On the way up, IPv4 and
IPv6 appeared okay and NFS worked, but NIS did not. Strange, since
whimsy is a master NIS server and the maps spin on its disk. I did
manage the ifconfig -a and saw the same thing you report, although the
interface is indeed hme0. I see you used the same interface name for
IPv4 and IPv6, which is what I did as well.

Now, I have no idea why NIS balked. The yp daemons did come up, but none
of the maps appeared available, even on the same machine.

Thanks very much for your help. With a couple secrets revealled, I think
I can climb this bump. I had to delete your message text; something
broke in Netscape.

Dave