List:       ntop-dev
Subject:    Re: [Ntop-dev] 100% processor load sending 1 artificial packet
From:       Markus Rehbach <Markus.Rehbach () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-10-31 17:22:29

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 15:02, Burton M. Strauss III wrote:
> Didn't realize that - the commit messages didn't say this was fixed.
>
> Good. I'll stop worrying about it.
>
> -----Burton

Seems to be the if (*opt_ptr > 0) in pbuf.c line 1036 (at that moment) to
avoid that opt_ptr += (*opt_ptr - 1) will loop endless.

In the TCPOPT_TIMESTAMP: part a few lines above there is another opt_ptr +=
(*opt_ptr - 1). Is there a chance to get a loop there, too?

Btw, for my testings at home I´m still using tcpsic and the packets
generated are all pathological but for me it is the only testing method to
generate random packets for stressing the hashes of ntop (I do not know it
better, is there another better tool?). An I think ntop should survive in
spite of it, or?

Markus