List:       ntop-dev
Subject:    [Ntop-dev] ntop on windows 98
From:       christophe.rahmouni () bt ! com
Date:       2002-04-23 10:54:11

Thank you very much Burton for your help.
More explaination:

1. OK.

2. I have used the file BUILD-MinGW.txt (attached) to build ntop.exe, so I
used gdbm-1.8.0-20010430.zip from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwrep,
I have also just tried with gdbm 1.8.0 2002-02-22 on page
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23617&release_id=76525
, but I obtain the same result. gdbm seems to be correctly installed
(testgdbm.exe is working).

3. My current directory is c:/cygwin/ntop/ntop, I have the rights to create
files.

4. Sorry for the error DnsCache.db and not Database.db, EXACT error message:
-------
$ ntop.exe
Wait please: ntop is coming up...
23/Apr/2002 10:27:05 Initializing IP services...
23/Apr/2002 10:27:05 Initializing GDBM...
23/Apr/2002 10:27:05 Database './dnsCache.db' open failed: unknown gdbm
errno
23/Apr/2002 10:27:05 Possible solution: please use '-P <directory>'
-------
Regardind the ntop source version it's the 2.0 (ntop-2.0-src.tgz) downloaded
from http://snapshot.ntop.org/, on Download->Stable, on the 18th of April
2002.

Where the problem(s) could come from?

Cheers,