List:       ntop-dev
Subject:    RE: [Ntop-dev] Masquerade aware
From:       "Burton M. Strauss III" <BStrauss3 () attbi ! com>
Date:       2002-04-12 20:15:20

Snipping your 2nd question out of the message (PLEASE: One question with a
meaningful title per message thread)...

Short answer: No

In Linux, I'm half sure it COULD be done, because the data is available via
the /proc interface - IF the Linux box is the masqing device.  However, if
it is the masq device, then you don't need to do this, because the inside
interface sees un masqed traffic!

I don't know about other OS - it would depend on having the masq mapping
table available.

If ntop isn't running on the masqing device, then I don't believe ntop can
monitor the traffic and figure out the mapping table (unless you store each
packet, how do you figure out which is which??)

-----Burton