List:       ntop
Subject:    [Ntop] modify source to prevent domain truncating?
From:       Steve Chupack <stevec () dealer ! com>
Date:       2008-06-21 16:44:20

I realize the default behavior of ntop in the Internet Domain report is to remove the \
first part of the FQDN. However, this causes a problem when someone browses the web \
by entering, for example, "ntop.org" rather than "www.ntop.org". I realize many sites \
redirect to the full fqdn when you do this, but some don't -- youtube, for example. \
In this case, what you're left with in the domain report is simply "org" or "com" for \
the domain entry.

I would think it makes more sense to leave the last two portions of the fqdn rather \
than just removing the first.

1) Is my logic flawed?
2) Can someone point out where the stripping of the first part of the fqdn is done? \
Maybe I can hack at this myself. ;-)

Thanks!

Steve